In this Online Meet Your Expert, ir. Cornelis van Elst and drs. Michel Goldbach addressed how to transform the company into a real Sense and Response company with regard to Food Safety Compliance.
- The food company: business performance management
- The customers and consumers of the company: demand relationship management
- The company's suppliers: supply relationship management
- Food legislation that must be complied with (license to produce): legislation management
- The Food quality standards to which the company has committed itself (license to sell): certification management
In the business world hardly any action is taken on this vision. The quality performance of a food company is related to the achievement of an FSSC 222000, BRC Food, or IFS Food certificate, this is only 5% of the Food Safety Compliance management. The company must be equipped to continuously identify new legislation and standard requirements, as well as to pro-actively anticipate changing consumer needs and any issues in the Global Food Supply Chain.
We discussed the current Food Safety situation in the Netherlands and Germany. The session will be used as input for a German-Dutch Food Safety Conference in October!
Meet your experts
Ir. Cees van Elst
Cornelis van Elst has been active in Food Safety for over 25 years and is an international speaker in the field of Food Safety Compliance. During his studies (Industrial Engineering and Management Science) at the Technological University Eindhoven, Cornelis specialized in IT and quality.
Questions answered in this webinar:
1. Have the National Food Safety Authorities in the EU the same priorities?
2. Can the Food Safety Authority in an EU country forbid Food Products from another EU country?
3. Is there a relationship between the Dutch Food and Goods Authority and Quality Standards?
4. Do Retailers accept FSSC22000?
5. What will be the impact of Brexit on BRC?
6. Who is by the law responsible for Food Safety?
7. What is the status of digitalization?
8. Are HACCP teams active in all factories?
Customer and Consumer
9. What is the difference between brand and private label?
10. Will consumers demand more information about what they consume?
11. What will be the impact of pension funds going to retail investments instead of oil etc?
Realtime Food Safety Compliance
12. What is the status of digitalization in the EU?
13. Will real-time monitoring benefit the local farmers in developing countries?
14. What is the future of certification?
QAssurance specializes in Food Safety. We enable food producers to manage Food Safety themselves. To achieve this, iMIS Food has been developed. iMIS Food offers a complete infrastructure for QA matters, allowing for efficient compliance with changing legislation and standards. With the iMIS Food Helpdesk, professional support is available for content and software questions.