Purpose allergen scan
- Are the product specifications available for all raw materials?
- Have these specifications been checked for correctness?
- Are these specifications up to date? Are the mandatory allergens discussed?
- Is information available for all allergen management system suppliers?
- Are the recipes up to date?
- Are the end product specifications up to date?
- Are the allergens included with any changes?
- Will any allergen changes end up on the label?
- Does this happen before the change has taken place?
- Is there a final check on the correct label information on the finished product produced?
- Is the most up-to-date allergen and product specification information available for external information provision?
- Will new product specifications be sent to the customers in the event of any allergen changes?
- Will the website also be immediately updated with relevant allergen information?
Company allergen knowledge:
- Does management know what allergens are?
- Do the production employees know what allergens are?
- Do the production employees know which allergens are present in the company?
- Does management keep people informed of changes?
- Is there an up-to-date list of allergens within the company, in raw material, semi-finished product, and end product?
- Is this list used in production planning and cleaning actions?
- Are the company rules and hygienic working rules sufficient with regard to allergens?
- Have allergens been identified in the HACCP study?
- Is the transport of incoming and outgoing also included in the HACCP or allergen study?
- Has a layout with routing of the raw material, semi-finished product, and end product been used in this study?
- Is someone from the raw material to the end product with the customer responsible for the allergen process?
- Is this expressly in the job descriptions?
- Are there specific allergen measures in place? Procedures, work instructions, records, and controls.
- Are these measures adjusted in case of change? For example, the order of production.
- Is someone responsible for customer communication regarding allergens?
- Does this person have all the necessary general and company-specific allergens knowledge?
- Can this person also explain the complete allergen system to customers?
- Is the cleaning plan also based on allergens?
- Will this cleaning plan be adjusted in case of change?
- Has the cleaning plan been validated for the absence of allergens?
Monitoring and control
- Is the quality system tested for allergen management?
- Does the company carry out (self) tests for the presence of allergens?
Related articles to Allergen Scan: What should be taken into account?
Many customers and visitors to this page 'Allergen Scan: What should be taken into account?' also viewed the articles and manuals listed below: